Coir geo textiles are best for controlling soil erosion and conditioning soli. Made from coir fiber, they are naturally resistant to rot and moulds and is cheaper than synthetic geo-textiles. They hold soil in place and prevent erosion, dissipating the force of heavy rains and run of water. It provides good soil support for years, allowing natural vegetation to become established. Coir geo textiles promote the growth of new vegetation by absorbing water and preventing the topsoil from drying out. As it has strength and durability, it protects slopes and help natural vegetation to take root, coir geo textiles are available as woven, meshes and nets and non woven. They have varying densities depending on their application. Over a period of time the eco friendly and biodegradable coir disintegrates completely, leaving only humus.
In the world which is turning its face towards eco- friendly products, Coir Woven Geo- textiles play an important role in soil erosion. They protect the land and provide vegetative growth during the formative period after which degrade into the soil. This greening prevents soil erosion and ensures soil stability. A range of different mesh matting with varying densities are available depending on the landscape design, water flow, soil structure, steepness of slop, vegetation requirements etc
Coir Geotextiles can
- Can dissipate the energy of following water and absorb the excess solar radiation.
- Can be successfully utilized in controlling even the steepest of slopes from erosion.
- Can absorb water, allowing re-vegetation in low rain areas
Benefits of coir Geotextiles
- 100% Natural fibre, extracted from coconut husk
- Adds organic material to soil
- Promotes vegetative growth
- 100% Bio-degradable and environmentally friendly
- Tough, durable, versatile and resilient
- High tear-strength resistance
- Easy to install/maintain/ patch-up.
- Follows the contour of the soil surface. Hygroscopic properties
- (absorbing or attracting moisture from the air) High tensile strength